Jong's strength as a researcher and leader
My strengths as a research leader:
1. I try to be honest and enthusiastic as a researcher. I am not an academic sportsman who violates the principles of doing good research.
2. Good bioinformatics analyzer.
3. Dealt with a very broad range of bioinformatics problems: genomics, proteomics, interactomics, microarray, SNPs, structural biology, drug-docking, protein modeling, computer programming.
4. Diverse experience in teaching, managing labs, managing a large government center, acquiring big grants, and establishing companies.
5. Creative and independent thinker.
6. Love challenges. I am ambitious and love complex challenges and learning through such challenges. I was offered of a tenure position that was prestigious, but I followed my interests and new challenges rather than the expected career path.
7. Collaborative researcher. Being a bioinformatist, I like interacting with other researchers.